When you started your brick and mortar store, you probably did everything. You answered the phone, took orders, greeted customers, worked the register, ordered new product, and if your business offered delivery, you used your own car.
As your business grew, you hired employees and subsequently trained every sales associate to do the jobs that you knew inside and out. As your company continued to expand, you began to move farther away from the customer and had to delegate tasks; one of those being sales enablement. You might have spent hours writing training programs to ensure that your knowledge and wisdom would flow directly to your new retail sales associates. As your business grew, you hired employees and subsequently trained them to do the jobs that you knew inside and out.
As your company continued to expand, you began to move farther away from the customer and had to delegate tasks; one of those being retail sales training.
You might have spent hours writing a sales training manual to ensure that your knowledge and wisdom would flow directly to your new employees.
Then what happened?
You visited one of your retail stores and the things you saw were upsetting.
Customer service was lacking, there were long check-out lines, and customers just seemed frustrated and unhappy. Or maybe you checked your reports and noticed the average ticket or units per ticket (UPT) are off.
Somehow, your system of retail training has failed.
Who can benefit from an online retail sales training program?
If you have a bricks and mortar store and looking to increase your customer service and in-store sales but don’t have extensive resources. Training programs that are delivered in-person don’t scale like online sales training programs that can be delivered at the store level.
And let's face it, online retailers are only getting smarter how to steal your customer away with free shipping and social media promotions.
Online training systems are now available that can take the place of classroom-style sessions or catch-as-catch-can shadowing other sales associates. Your employees can simply sit at a computer, laptop or tablet, sign in, and complete one of the online courses in about 3-5 minutes.
What are the benefits of online courses?
• Comprehensive. Train the trainer modules give retail management the tools they need to reinforce the training of your staff so you upgrade their skills before they are charged with upgrading your associate skills.
• Always On. Training can be done anywhere --24/7, 365 days per year. Employees can train in your stores, at their homes, or even at a Starbucks.
• Self-paced. Everyone can train at their own pace. Employees can take all the time they need, and everyone receives the exact same information. Instead of just finding chores to do like straightening inventory, they can put a short amount of time learning how to sell the merchandise.
• Proof. Certified training program provides everyone in retail management with easy-to-understand scorecards that track the training progress of each team and every employee.
• Video. Retail sales training used to include obligatory and boring manuals no one read or PowerPoint presentations someone would read off of, but my virtual online training program includes actionable and impactful videos that keep the short attention span of employees.
• Short. Tightly focused lessons makes for less time off the sales floor. Let's face it, your employees work on their feet and sitting down for a long stretch makes them sleepy. With a virtual online retail sales training system, it's unlikely that your employees are going to fall asleep at the computer because the lessons are short.
• Engaging. The best virtual training programs are interactive and ask questions throughout the courseware so learners stay engaged, not just watch a video.
• Concentrated. With online training, retail sales training can be delivered quickly and efficiently, and since the teaching is one-on-one, there are no annoying interruptions.
• Customer service. The goal of all training is improved customer engagement and satisfaction. When everyone has been certified, you deliver a branded customer service experience.
What They'll Learn
In SalesRX.com, my virtual online retail sales training program, your employees will learn how to approach, engage and sell the customer, and they'll learn how to be more human in an increasingly inhuman world. The real-world learning that takes place sharpens their customer service skills and sales techniques that are neither pushy or aggressive.
How can online retail sales training program improve performance? Sales associates will understand that every stage of a sale is critically important, and they'll learn to feel comfortable as they move the shopper through the sales process to become a customer.
Your staff will learn that they can upsell, and meet your customers’ needs at the same time.
Most of all, your employees will learn the training as life skills - how building rapport and selecting your attitude are skills to develop to have a good life. If you've worked hard to create a superior retail environment already, then managing your customer's experience is your goal.
Why is retail training important? Because ecommerce bandits are stealing away your dissatisfied customers.
With a focused attention on sales training programs, your retail sales associates can deliver a branded shopping experience second to none. One that makes use of your marketing turning lookers into potential customers in an easy manner.
If you want to have a consistent customer experience that sells your merchandise, you need to make sure your employees are trained to deliver it. That focus on the brick and mortar experience will help you standout from other brick and mortar stores.
Virtual online retail sales training, like my SalesRX.com can do that for you when you use it consistently.
Searching for ways to convert more lookers into buyers?
Click the button below to read more about our latest Features & Benefits Course launch
Get our weekly newsletter updates. Read our mailing consent T&Cs here
The 5 Shifts Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Are Making to Generate Up to 20% Higher Profits Every Month
Are you a hungry brick-and-mortar store owner who’s ready for a fresh, people-obsessed strategy? This training is for you if you want to grow your business using a powerful customer experience formula proven to make your cash register chirp.